PHYSICAL EXAM FOR COMMERCIAL DRIVERS
- You must have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye. Glasses or contact lenses are acceptable.
- You cannot be a diabetic on needle-injected insulin. Diabetes controlled through oral medication is permitted.
- Your blood pressure must be 140-159/90-99 for a one year certificate or 160-179/100-109 for a 3 month temporary certificate. Greater than 180/110 is disqualifying, but prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- Your blood sugar levels must be under 200.
- Amphetamine, narcotic or any other habit forming drugs are not permitted.
- "If you have a current diagnosis of cardiac insufficiency, collapse, congestive cardiac failure or any other cardiovascular disease you will be required to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test (needs to be performed within the last 12 months) along with a release from your physician stating that you can drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions.Other factors or conditions which could prevent you from obtaining the required DOT clearance include: sleep apnea, recent back injury, recent major surgery, a current hernia, or recent workmen's compensation claims".
A DOT physical exam is valid for up to 24 months or less, if a medical condition, like high blood pressure, requires monitoring.
SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE!